Flowdrive Variable Frequency Drive
The Emotron FlowDrive is designed for use in the most common pumping scenarios (1-2 pumps of any brand) in the wastewater management industry. The heart of FlowDrive is automatic reservoir level control - which optimizes energy use, minimizes the need for maintenance, and enables real-time process monitoring.
Key Features & Benefits
- Design utilizes Emotron's long history of well-proven products for water and waste water industry
- Energy savings, thanks to automatic optimal pump speed control
- Compatibility with all kinds of pumps typically used in this application
- Built-in functions that minimize maintenance needs
- Absence of a PLC/pump controller reduces cost and effort involved in programming
- Having one less component reduces complexity and increases reliability
- Less starts and stops of the pumps thanks to longer run times caused by lower average frequency
- Full connectivity to suit different user scenarios (remote telemetry/local control panel)
- Complete solution packaged that is simple to install and use
- Access to system data/parameters for continuous performance monitoring
- Existing Emotron equipment can be upgraded to Emotron FlowDrive
Looking for an AC Drive solution for other types of variable torque applications, i.e., fans, blowers, centrifuges, etc.?
nema 12 / NEMA 1 (ip54/20/21) version
Rated Power: 0.75-160 kW
Supply Voltage: 230-690V, 3-phase
Rated Current: 2.5-295 A
Protection Class: IP20/21 NEMA 1, IP54 NEMA 12
Approvals: CE, EAC (cULus pending)
Click below to view downloadable documents related to this product.
During commissioning, the user configures all motor data and levels. The self-learning program then takes over, taking the measurements and calculating process data to enable optimal control. Features include load monitoring, best efficiency point and flow estimation.
best efficiency point (bep) algorithm
Initially, the drive operates in learn mode in order to establish the most efficient operating parameters for the BEP algorithm. By running the pump over a range of frequencies and measuring the volumes pumped, it defines the most energy efficient pumping frequency, and calibrates the related functions accordingly. Thereafter, the reservoir level control operates according to these defined values.
no flow sensor required
Once the initial commissioning program has been run, the FlowDrive can estimate in and out flow without the need for a costly external flow sensor. If more accurate flow measurements are required for other reasons, the FlowDrive does, however, support the use of an external sensor.
Installation and use
Emotron FlowDrive is designed for easy installation and is compatible with most telemetry systems. Eliminating the need for a PLC, fewer cables are needed, which means the installation is simple and cost-effective.
During commissioning, the user interface prompts the customer to input the relevant operating parameters. Once up and running, performance data (for each pump, wherever separate data is of value) is continuously available. This includes:
- Current sump/tank level (meters)
- Run hours (cumulative and daily)
- Number of starts (cumulative and daily)
- Energy consumption (cumulative, with savings compared with running at full speed)
- Current waste water in-flow
- Current pumping out-flow
- Maintenance personnel on-site alarm
Up to 30% energy saving is possible
random start level
To prevent residues accumulating at a single level, this feature generates a random start level. The residues spread are thus over a broader surface and major buildups prevented.
Several cleaning functions are built-in to reduce maintenance requirements;
- Pump cleaning
- Pump sump cleaning
- Pipe cleaning