more even pressure and longer life thanks to cg drives & automation
Hässleholms Vatten is responsible for the general water and sewerage installations within Hässleholm municipality. The installations consist of 13 waterworks, 8 booster stations, 87 pumping stations, 15 purification plants and a total of 127 miles of water and sewerage pipes. Hässleholms Vatten is responsible for the water supply for about 38,700 of the municipality’s residents. A total of 3.8 million m3 of drinking water is supplied annually. Varying pressure in the water pipes has been a problem for Hässleholm Vatten. This has now been solved with a simple solution from H2flow’s partner in Sweden, CG Drives & Automation.
Hässleholm, just like many other municipalities, needs to regulate parameters such as the pressure with several pumps.
The following specifications apply:
- The pressure must be kept stable
- When another pump needs to be started, this must be done optimally
- When demand drops, pump must be stopped in order to optimize the energy consumption
- The pumps are run alternately
- The system goes automatically to standby mode in response to zero demand
- The pumps can be stopped manually for servicing, and the system adapts itself automatically
The solution with a master to control the existing frequency inverters is a proven solution that has been used for several years in the purification plant.
When the waterworks and the booster stations were recently upgraded, Hässleholms Vatten decided to continue using CG's solution.
win-win for customer and supplier
For the municipality’s residents in Hässleholm, i.e. Hässleholm Vatten’s customers, this means a steady pressure in their taps.
For Hässleholms Vatten as a supplier, this means steady pressure and less stress on the pipes. A real ”win-win” situation.
Customer: Hässleholms Vatten, Hässleholm, Sweden
Challenge: To maintain the pressure in the municipality's water pipes.
Solution: An Emotron smart pump controller as a master for the multi-pump system.
- Steady pressure and less stress on the water pipes
- Reliable operation and constant control
- Cost savings
- Work savings (less maintenance)
- Flexible solution - an Emotron master unit can be used to control any make of frequency inverters