PSP20 Anti-entrapment device
The PSP20 is the only device available for pool & spa anti-entrapment that comes with a no-nuisance trip guarantee! With over 350,000 units installed on pumps worldwide, it's easy to see why the PSP20 is the pool contractors solution of choice when it comes to safety.
Supply voltage: 100-240V / 380-500V / 525-690V
Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz
Rated current: Up to 999 A via current transducer<div>
Approvals: ASME A112.19.17-2002, CE, UL, cUL
Click below to view downloadable documents related to this product.
Key Features & benefits of the psp20 anti-entrapment device
In December, 2007 the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act (commonly referred to as the ‘VGBA’ or ‘VGB’) was signed, mandating that, in addition to an approved drain cover, all single main drain public swimming pools and spas must have a secondary protective device such as an automatic pump shut-off system installed.
Since this time, similar laws have been passed in countries around the world. These devices have helped save countless lives from the dangers of drain entrapment.
Use the Emotron PSP20 as a simple, cost-effective secondary shut-off device to prevent swimming pool and spa full-body entrapment. Using the existing pump motor as a sensor, the PSP20 will reliably detect a swimmer blocking the suction drain and quickly shut off the pump. The PSP20 accurately monitors motor power to either single of 3-phase pumps.
Alternative mechanical solutions such as SVRS are labor intensive to install and maintain, and typically require modifications to the plumbing.
Simple to install & no nuisance trips - guaranteed!
simply saving lives
The PSP20 uses the existing pump motor as a sensor to protect swimmers from the horrific injuries and loss of life caused by pool & spa drain entrapment.
The PSP20 is simple to install and simple to setup. The unit is supplied as a fully-assembled control panel designed to be installed between an existing pump control panel and the pump motor. Installation typically takes less than one hour and programming and calibration take just minutes using the patented 'Auto Set' feature.
- CPSC recognized VGB secondary anti-entrapment method
- Technology based on 350,000+ pump monitors installed worldwide
- Simple installation, setup, and calibration
- No plumbing required = no future leak issues
- No false tripping - guaranteed!
- Models for all voltage supplies
- No additional control or wiring for large 208/230V or 3-phase pumps
- Compatible with residential pool/spa combos and in-floor cleaners
- No bypass required for filter backwash or vacuuming
- UL approved - required in many jurisdictions
- Alarm output
- No winterizing required
- Unaffected by hydrostatic relief valves
- Lowest overall cost of ownership